Projects and some achievements of the Ministry of Works
Achievement of the Ministry of Works
- As a mark of commitment by His Excellency, all laudable projects by the immediate past Administration that has direct impact on the lives of the citizenry is being continued and adequately funded to achieve completion.
- Potential contractors that have shown interest in infrastructural development especially roads with commitment of minimum of 50% completion of project before request for any payment.
- Public Private Partnership on OPERATION LIGHT UP PHASE II at a total sum of N28.88 Billion with Government’s commitment of 10% of the contract sum as counterpart fund.
- Construction of Two (2) computerized Vehicle Inspection Centers at Iwo road and Eleyele VIS stations on Public Private Partnership with SYC Inspection Limited. (Government to provide land and enforcement only).
- Partnering with the Thirty (33) Local Government areas of the state to ensure accessibility to rural areas by opening up feeder roads but however, to be supervised or coordinated by the State Ministry of Public Works and Transport.
- Rural Access and Agricultural Marketing Project (RAAMP). The Ministry of Public Works and Transport is ably involved and represented in the program of improving the socio – economic advantages of the rural communities of the State.
- Enhancing Agro – Allied business and ease of connectivity between rural and urban centers of the State.
- Eight (8) newly advertised road projects being processed for award will by no means be a major infrastructural turning point and enhance transportation efficiency in the State
- Partnership with Park Management system to boost revenue generations in all motor parks across the State.